Spicy Crispy Chicken Bites! I love these as an appetizer dipped in mustard or on top of a salad for added crunch. They are super simple to make and stay fresh/crispy even after a few days!
I have a recipe on my blog for curry turmeric chicken fingers, but I think these are a bit more fun and less messy to make. They are completely dairy free and gluten free! I used a mixture of panko crumbs as well as my favorite grain free tortilla chips. (I used Siete Food Fuego flavor). The flavor of those tortilla chips have tons of flavor but feel free to use all panko crumbs or any of your favorite chips!
For this recipe I used three thin chicken breasts (no skin), 2 eggs, and a mixture of 1 cup panko crumbs and 1 cup of the grain free tortilla chips, crushed. I cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces, dipped them into the egg wash mixture, and then carefully into the breadcrumb mixture. Adding them to the baking sheet, I baked them in the oven for about 20 minutes and they were perfectly cooked in the center and crispy on the outside!
To make them extra crispy, either spray them with a little coconut/avocado oil (or any you prefer) OR place them under the broiler for the last 2 minutes. To store them, make sure they are completely cool before placing them in an airtight container in the fridge! They will last about a week and if you want to reheat them, place them on the baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or under the broiler on high (just watch them!) for about 3 or so minutes.
I hope you enjoy them! You can serve them on their own with your favorite dipping sauce (hummus, mustard, ketchup) or served over a salad, as an appetizer with celery/carrots, or inside taco shells!
Yields: about 30 bites (from 3 skinless thin chicken breasts)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: less than 40 minutes
3 skinless thin chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup panko crumbs
1 cup of your favorite tortilla chips or chips, crushed
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, add your two eggs, beat lightly.
3. In a medium sized bowl, add the panko crumbs and the crushed chips. Mix until combined
4. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
5. Dip the chicken bites into the egg wash and then carefully with your other clean hand, coat them into the dry ingredients. Place on the baking sheet.
6. Repeat until finished!
7. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. FLIPPING halfway through.
8. The inside should be completely white and the outside will be crispy and start to brown.
9. Serve immediately. Store up to a week in the fridge after they have completely cooled in an airtight container. To reheat add to baking sheet under broiler on high for 2-3 minutes or at 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes!