Sweet and Savory Banana Snack Bites! Perfect for on the go, something a little sweet after dinner, or a quick bite with your morning coffee or smoothie!
All you need is a few ingredients that you most likely have on hand, one bowl and about 20 minutes! They are naturally sweetened with a banana; filled with crunchy peanut butter & tahini for a savory element. I also added in a little cacao powder and unsweetened shredded coconut flakes as well as chia seeds for extra nutritional benefits! They remind me of my banana oatmeal cookies, but I prefer these more!
In a large bowl you simply mix together the banana, peanut butter, tahini, and the shredded coconut flakes along with cinnamon, chia seeds, cacao powder, and really anything else you like: cacao nibs, protein, chopped nuts!
The little bites become crispy on the edges and bottom, but super soft in the middle. They last up to 4 days or so in the fridge! Once they were out of the oven I drizzled them with peanut butter, chia seeds, and extra coconut flakes. They have a strong peanut butter flavor and you can barely taste the tahini, it simply gives them a little salty/seed flavor- you will love it- even if you are new to the taste of tahini. You can always use two different nut or seed butters of preference, but it will change up the taste!
Yields about 10 bites
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
What you need:
1 medium banana (yellow or ripe)
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup tahini
2-3 tbsp. cacao powder
1 tbsp. chia seeds (more for on top)
1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
dash of cinnamon
dash of sea salt
optional add ins: cacao nibs, chopped walnuts, chopped dates, protein powder, etc!
What you need to do:
1. Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the above ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
3. Scoop a golf ball size or slightly larger with a spoon and place the mix on your baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. The top & edges will be crispy and the bottom of the cookie will start to brown. Allow to completely cool before storing in fridge for up to 4 days.
5. Once they are hot out of the oven, drizzle with peanut butter, chia seeds, and shredded coconut flakes.