BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WINGS! Wings made healthy! Super hot, super addicting, and the easiest appetizer, side dish you can make! I love wings; spicy wings, so I wanted to make some on the healthier side!
For the sauce you can use any brand of your favorite hot sauce; I stuck with siracha and then added in lemon, sea salt, pepper, coconut aminos, and a little turmeric all to a dish; mixed it up and added in the chopped cauliflower. Once every little cauliflower floret has been drenched in the spicy sauce you bake the 'wings' in the oven for about 35 minutes, place then under the broiler for 5 minutes to get some crispy edges and that's it!
I found these wings to still be spicy, but adding in the lemon, coconut aminos, and the turmeric cuts the siracha sauce a bit, but feel free to adjust the level of how much hot sauce you are adding in! I eat the cauliflower buffalo wings plain or add them to any of my lunch bowls too, but they would go great with any dip you love such as ranch, a tahini sauce etc!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
What you need:
1 head of cauliflower
Buffalo Wing Sauce:
1/2 cup siracha sauce (or favorite hot sauce)
1/2 lemon, juice squeezed
dash of sea salt
few dashes of pepper
dash of turmeric
2 tbsp. coconut aminos
What you need to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the sauce ingredients to the bowl.
3. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add them to the sauce mix. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Pour the mix onto the pan and cook at 400 degrees for about 35- 40 minutes. Check halfway through and mix the cauliflower around a bit.
5. Optional: For the last 5 minutes, set the oven to broiler and let the cauliflower crisp up on the edges. Watch as the leftover sauce on the pan may start to burn.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge. To re-heat place back in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or so until warm or add them to a non stick pan on top of the stove with a tbsp. or so of olive oil on medium heat + extra hot sauce until warm.