I really don't think anyone can turn down chips, tortilla chips, etc. I prefer crispy, salty, savory ones and when I was little I used to wedge the Sea Salt & Vinegar ones in between my sandwiches; which made them taste 100x better. Plus, they are perfect for any appetizer with dip, afternoon snack, or however you like them. (Game day // Super Bowl snacks....)
These chips that I made are savory, salty, and a little spicy and were inspired by my favorite brand of chips from Siete. Like most of you when you open the bag, you can finish it within minutes. SO, I thought about making my own using their tortillas and didn't realize just how EASY it was to do.
All you have to do is cut the tortillas into triangle shapes, brush with olive oil, add your seasonings of choice and bake for less than 15 minutes. Then you have perfectly, crispy, crunchy chips. Kind of ideal when you run out of any that you've bought from the store...
You can use any tortillas that you love, I just had these on hand and you can really use any seasonings!
Anyways, the recipe is below and you will love them!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Bake time: 12 minutes
Total minutes: less than 25 minutes
What you need:
Yields: About 25-30 chips
3 tortillas (I used Siete Almond Flour tortillas)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. curry powder
What you need to do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Stack the tortillas on top of one another and cut into triangles. (As big or as small as you want)
3. Add to a bowl. Add in about 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil or make sure all of the pieces of lightly coated.
4. Mix your seasonings together in a small bowl and then add on top of your cut tortillas in the larger bowl.
5. Shake, mix, etc. until well combined.
6. Spread evenly on your baking sheet. Add any leftover seasonings on top or save for the end.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes. FLIP after 7 minutes. I ended up taking mine out about 2 minutes early.
Store in an airtight container! Mine stayed just as crispy even a few days later!
*You can use any seasonings of choice to make any flavor combination!
*Coconut oil will work as well.
*Any type of tortilla will work, just make sure they are on the thinner side.