Guys, these taste so good and are so easy to make that I am almost embarrassed to call this an actual recipe, but I just had to share this one with you. I almost positive that you have all the ingredients on had too. So, in less than 20 minutes from start to finish you can be eating these little chocolate chia coconut bites....
You know those Almond Joy and Mounds candy bars that you probably ate when you were a little kid..?! Well these coconut chocolate chip banana cookies taste just like them! I swear! By the way, I was always team almond joy when it came to those candies.
They are naturally sweet from the banana and the coconut combined with dark chocolate chips and nuts of choice (almonds; just a suggestion) makes for such a killer combo for you sweet tooth! They have such a soft and chewy filling, crispy outer edgers, and the nuts plus chocolate chips gives each bite a little bit of a crunch. I always need that crunch. All you have to do is mash the bananas and add the remaining ingredients in the bowl! It is that simple! Each time you make them you can change up the ingredients too, these just happen to be grain free, but you could always add in some oats, or nut butters or even chopped dates. I like to keep them simple, like the recipe below. It is easy, super quick, and fool proof!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
2 bananas, mashed
1 1/3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
3 tbsp. of chia seeds + more for toppings
1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
1/4 cup nuts (walnuts, almonds...)
dash of: vanilla & sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
4. Sccop a large spoonful of the mixture and place on the baking sheet into ball sized shapes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. The bottoms will begin to brown and the top part of the cookie will turn slightly brown and a little crispy. The middle will be soft.
6. When they are finished, sprinkle with chia seeds and coconut flakes.